Brand It Or Die Action For Organizational Effectiveness Toolkit to lead your brand management efforts to greater heights.
Kennedy Mpezeni is a marketing and brand specialist.He is the founder and managing partner of Pangolin Corporate Training & Development (PCTD). PCTD is an organization that utilizes its expertise to define, measure, and develop capabilities needed to make organizations successful by growing the talents of their people. Kennedy is also the founder and managing partner of Brand House P/L, a brand and marketing consultancy that assists its clients develop strong brands.
Synopsis For Brand It Or Die
Outside the world of brand managers, few truly understand the role of marketing and even fewer grasp the meaning of brands. Marketing and branding are key elements of a successful business. Brand It Or Die demonstrates the significance, impact, and importance of an eloquently articulated and executed brand strategy, a fact that cannot be overstated. A strong brand is your goal, and a strong brand is memorable. Given the dynamics of our present global economy, the ever-accelerating rate of change and information flow, fierce competition, increasingly fickle consumer tastes, and shifting markets, the task and responsibility of branding must be approached with grave seriousness and due diligence.
This book is primarily concerned with developing and executing a winning brand strategy. To reap the rewards of a winning brand strategy the target markets reality must be taken seriously.
This text will assist you define your brand, help you define the essence and goal of branding, and demonstrate how you can achieve brand equity. It reveals the importance of having an integrated brand, the intricate relationship between human capital and branding, gives some tips on branding and sheds light on the intricate and yet distinct relationships between marketing and branding.
Table of Contents
- The goal of branding is simple but the process is complex. A brand is an end result. Branding is the process by which a brand comes to be.
- Your brand has a significant impact on how your company, product, or service is perceived. That is why a strong brand is critical to success. Branding is the process of creating and managing the big idea that summarizes all that your company, product, or service wants to stand for in the minds of its constituents.
- Integrated branding is the process of revealing the brand promise, then aligning the entire organisation to deliver the promise. Living the integrated brand is the road to long-term business success and sustainability. The goal of integrated branding is to create a company that consistently and carefully orchestrates and delivers to the consumer the initial brand promise.
- Effective brand strategy must have a close relationship to overall business strategy and goals. Brand strategy is part of business strategy, it comes before some components and after others, but it must have a symbiotic relationship with business goals.
- Marketing does not determine what a brand will be or how high its quality will be. It does determine how the product is perceived by the public, and it is best done when working from strength; in other words, a strong brand can be more easily marketed, but that does not mean every great brand will market itself. Nor does it mean that every successfully marketed brand is the best in the field.
- Integrated brands and brand repositioning exist and is carried out to firmly plant the brand/s in the mind of the consumers and improve market share. Firms fail to achieve these objectives as their goals outstrip their ability to deliver what is promised to their customer (value proposition). It is imperative that you pursue a brand positioning strategy that is eminently achievable and not just attractive and aesthetic.